Traditionally, the concept of public relations evokes images of press releases, lobbying with journalists and jostling for press coverage.
The last few years have seen a rapid shift in PR dynamics with the year 2020 of course being a watershed of sorts!
Any brand can survive and grow only if it engages effectively with its target audiences.
While the use of traditional media of newspapers and magazines is still an accepted route, the digital world and social media have opened up new communication channels and infinite possibilities.
With an increased dependence on online mediums for product information and purchase decisions, public relations strategy has also become manifold.
It now encompasses mainly of:
- SEO – This has become the most crucial ingredient for building links and an effective customer base. It helps increase brand visibility, customer awareness, piques market curiosity, and cumulatively leads to establishing the brand amongst its target audiences.
- Target mailing– Mass mailing has now become passe. The need of the hour is to target your communication to relevant audiences. Generic information no longer holds the interest of the media of customers. The communication, therefore, needs to be customized and pruned.
- Visual impacting – Although words are important yet visuals have a different reach altogether. Communication which has visuals as part of the message is surely more welcoming than pages of text.
- Social Media platforms– Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram have not only modified personal interactions but have also heavily influenced public relations. PR strategies now include tapping these mediums to highlight brand developments, new offerings and maintaining a regular rapport with the consumer base.
- Active Customer Interaction– Customer feedbacks, tele calling, kiosks at markets and residential complexes, flyers, coupons, free sampling, promotional activities have all become essential PR strategies. The baseline is to be constantly engaged with audiences and keep yourself in the spotlight.
The traditional route of media coverage in newspapers, magazines, interviews with company heads, promotional features provides a supporting role to this digital medium in this changed PR paradigm.
If you’re a startup or if you would want to explore a fresh PR strategy, we would love to engage with you. Do give us a call to brainstorm how we can win together.